BOTTLED WATER COMPANY BUSINESS PLAN SAMPLE PDF / DOC
Developing a bottled water production business plan and starting the business come with its own challenges. Among the challenges usually encountered by entrepreneurs is difficulty in writing a comprehensive business plan.
For a bottled water production company, a business plan is a very important document that is needed to direct the business through its daily, monthly and yearly goals and objectives.
In order to get funding or acquire loans, a well laid out business plan is necessary. If you want to start a bottled water plant business, but have no idea on how to write a comprehensive and engaging business plan, then this article is just for you, as it provides an effective sample to work with.
With the example provided, it is strongly believed that by diligently following the steps, you will be on your way to writing a very good bottled mineral water company business plan.
– Executive Summary
– Products and Services
– Our Vision
– Our Mission
– Target Market
– Market Analysis/Trends
– Our Competitive Advantage
– Our Sales and Marketing Strategy
– Publicity and Advertising
– Payment Options
– Startup Funding
Due to the dwindling consumer confidence on municipal water supply channels, there has been a growing interest and patronage for bottled water products. This is good news for bottled water plant businesses as they have witnessed brisk business with increase in demand. Hygiene H2O is a bottled water company operating in Washington DC, providing the best quality water to consumers at competitive prices.
Products and Services
The products and services to be provided by Hygiene H2O includes the hire and sale of water coolers for consumers who will either want to hire our water coolers or buy these coolers altogether.
We will be producing the best quality water under the most hygienic conditions with close supervision of an effective quality control department manned by the very best and highly skilled workforce, who will be monitoring every aspect of production.
Our vision at Hygiene H2O is to produce the most health friendly products to the utmost satisfaction of our clients. Apart from excellent and health friendly products being produced, we intend to have one of the best customer care services which will ensure that our customers are treated to the best experience. Also, we plan on expanding production outlets in other states outside of Washington DC to reach a wider consumer base.
Hygiene H2O will strive to continually update our products to meet up with best industry standards. This is through improving product look and bottling style while maintaining our tradition of hygiene.
Also, we plan within the second year of our operations to start a distilled water department which will be producing distilled water for laboratory use and also for hospital use.
The target market is all encompassing, this is due to the fact that every living human will continually be in need of potable drinking water within various times of the day. However, our main target will be the most mobile segment of the population who are constantly on the move either at the office or at the games or just relaxing at the park.
These mobile segment of the population include participants within the corporate world, sports men/women, the military, shoppers, pedestrians, etc.
It is believed that due to the nature of their work or schedule, they would always be in need of refreshment through the intake of water.
Market analysis has shown that there has been an increase in competition among bottled water businesses in the area of bottling and marketing. Some bottled water businesses even have customized services for clients celebrating specific occasions, with the name and occasion of the client written on the water bottles.
Some have gone beyond to ensure that their products and services meet environment friendly guidelines, hence, winning the patronage of environment-conscious consumers.
Our Competitive Advantage
Due to the high competition within the bottled water industry, we have come up with innovations that will ensure that we stay afloat and thrive among our competition. We will ensure we achieve this through the proper remuneration of our work staff that will be carefully chosen and will be representing the very best in the bottled water industry.
Also, we will be introducing flavoured bottled water of assorted types to cater for those clients who might want their water to be flavoured.
Our Sales and Marketing Strategy
Apart from having a mobile distribution unit of all the variants of our bottled water products, we will also enter into agreements with shopping malls, bars, department stores, eateries, restaurants, breweries etc. for the sale and distribution of our products to achieve the widest reach.
Publicity and Advertising
The publicity and advertisement of our products will be carried out through different channels which will include the internet (use of social media and the creation of a company website), adverts through local radio and TV stations, fliers, word of mouth advertisement, the use of yellow pages to advertise our products and also mounting of billboards in areas known for high foot traffic.
Our customers will not have to worry about how to pay as we will be eliminating this problem through the provision of a variety of payment channels to ensure that they do not have to worry about how they will be billed. The channels we will be providing include the POS, cash payments, receipt of cheques, mobile money transfer etc.
Funding for this business will come through the following sources; from savings made which covers half of the required money for this startup. Another source of funding will be through debt financing and will be accessed through a bank of high standing. This will cover the other half of the funds needed for starting this business.
This is a business plan sample, providing the basic requirements a good bottled water and mineral business plan template should contain. Following the format laid down, you are sure to produce a sound bottled water production business plan that will reflect your business perfectly and win you that loan you most desire.
Interested in small bottled water production business ideas? If YES, here is how to start a water bottling company with no money and no experience. How much does it cost to start up?
How to Start a Bottled Water Production Business: Factory Design, Layout and Cost
Small Scale Bottled Water Production Machine, Cost and Process + Business Plan
As there is the growing need for diversity within the economy, there are a lot of untapped business opportunities that an entrepreneur could always tap from and bottled water production is definitely one of those businesses in China and Winnipeg.
Water is essential to life and it is just one of the commodities human beings cannot do without. This gives it a very high potential for success as there is a ready-made market for the business, any time any day. The growing world population as well has made the bottled water production business a highly lucrative one.
how to set up a bottled water factory
And it is very much interesting to note that there is a plan by the Federal Government to put a final ban on the production plants and lines of sachet water. This will definitely increase the demand of bottled water. Although this may not necessarily lead to an increase in price of bottled water, as supply will definitely go up which will lead to a healthy competition and so price of bulk order bottled water will surely come down. Investing in normal and flavoured bottled water production in Nigeria and other parts of Africa is one of the best decisions for an entrepreneur.
3 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD START BOTTLED WATER PRODUCTION COMPANY
1. Water is always in demand: Water is quite indispensable and very essential to life. So there will always be a demand for it and judging by the present attitude of the government to the supply of potable water to the masses, the only available alternative is to get from other private suppliers, so there will always be a full demand for bottled water.
2. Government Plans to Protect the Environment: There is a plan by the government to reduce the effect of non-degrading items such as nylons on the environment. And as we all know that sachet water is packaged in nylons, so with the ban of these non-environmental friendly nylons, bottled water demand will definitely spring up.
3. High profit margin: Water, which is the major raw material for complete production is readily available through a lot of sources. Just a sunken bore-hole is enough and there will be an immense supply of water, which after bottled water process will be sold at a very high turn-over rate.
BASIC THINGS REQUIRED TO START A BOTTLED WATER COMPANY
1. FEASIBILITY STUDY: Before an entrepreneur can successfully start a bottled water production company off the ground, he needs to get the requirements for the business, which can be done through adequate research.
Though it is well advisable to consult an expert to assist in starting a bottling water company in Nigeria. The result of your research will determine the type of bottled water to produce, the type of markets you will targets as well the pricing of your products.
2. BOTTLE SUPPLIERS: This is very much vital in the production of bottled water. An entrepreneur will need a very good and reliable supplier of these bottles as production has to be continual and a single hitch might have a very large effect of revenue.
3. SOURCE OF WATER: A very good water source is also essential to the success of the business. Depending on the location, one can get source from springs or sink bore holes or even get supplies from the state water corporation.
4. FACTORY EQUIPMENT: These are also very essential in production as water must be treated and processed before bottling. Water bottling plant for treatment, filtering, filling machines, conveyors, sterilizers, bottle loaders, dispensing machines as well as sealers will be required and these can be acquired in different grades depending on the financial capacity of the entrepreneur.
5. STORAGE TANKS: These are also essential in production. Water from the source, be it bore hole or any other source will need to be stored in the tank firstly, before transference to the water treatment plants for processing.
6. GOVERNMENT APPROVAL: It is also important to note that Government approval through the appropriate agencies is also essential to acquire before you can even start production of bottled water.
7. LOCATION: This is as well essential to production. Your location has to be close to water supply as well as your market. The environment of your location should be well hygienic enough not to contaminate your source of water. And the terrain as well should be well considered, it has to be smooth to allow for easy passage of vehicles around the water factory and transportation of products to the market.
CHALLENGES OF WATER PRODUCTION COMPANY
1. Starting up a business to produce bottled water is capital intensive and will also need a flow of investment funds starting from the launch to when the business breaks even. So it will be advisable to have enough funds to cater for the requirements of the business before ever thinking of starting up.
2. Cost of maintenance of bottled water equipment is quite high
3. Inadequate power supply is also a big limitation to the success of your bottled water business in South Africa, Kenya, India and other parts of the world. Although alternative power source could be utilized but this will definitely lead to additional cost.
4. It is also quite stressful to get approvals from the government as there are some conditions you will have to meet before you are granted the license to operate.
5. There is also a seasonal effect on bottled water market as there is less demand for water during wet/rainy seasons due to the fact that people consume less water during these periods.
COST OF STARTING THE BOTTLED WATER PRODUCTION BUSINESS
How Much Does It Cost to Start a Water Bottling Company? The minimum overall cost of starting a bottled water production companies in Lagos and Port Harcourt including the acquisition of bottle water filling and sealing machines is in the tune of $25,000 USD (N5Million).
Here is all about writing a bottled water business plan sample. Share.