WISDOM TEETH REMOVAL COST – AVERAGE PRICE
Do you know how much wisdom tooth extraction cost without insurance? If you want to maintain a proper dental care, then you will need to have a regular check up with the dentist to identify any underlying problems that may occur in the early stages. And it is quite interesting that a general dental problem that most teenagers suffer is the wisdom tooth.
CHECK: TEETH CLEANING COST
WHAT ARE WISDOM TEETH
Wisdom teeth are considered to be the third and the final set of molars that develop in a human’s dentition and they are so much valuable. But it is quite unfortunate that these set of teeth pose serious problems and need to be removed for an individual to have a better dental structure. If they get misaligned, they are likely to cause dental issues that will become serious at a latter period in life.
WHY DO I NEED TO REMOVE MY WISDOM TEETH
Depending on your jaw size and the way your wisdom teeth developed, you may and may not experience issues with it while growing up. However studies have revealed that 80% of growing teenagers experience problems with their wisdom teeth and so there is the need for a wisdom teeth removal procedure
These are the common reasons why a lot of people have their wisdom teeth removed
- TOOTH DECAY: In a situation whereby your wisdom tooth has been impacted, bacteria, food and saliva will accumulate around it, which will case decay to the tooth and any other tooth set beside it. This most of the times lead to painful tooth infection.
- GUM INFECTION: In a situation whereby your tooth gets partially erupted around the gum, it is most likely that food particles as well as bacteria will accumulate underneath the gum. This will result in infection that can lead to pain, bad breath and swelling of the gum. And it is possible that you find it difficult to chew or even open your mouth. In severe cases, this infection might spread the neck and cheek
WISDOM TEETH REMOVAL PROCEDURE
The cost of removal of the wisdom teeth will depend on the severity of the problem and the standard of the specialist centre that you visit. It is never advisable to carry out this procedure on your own. A visit to the dentist is more advisable.
The dentist will take a look at your dental history and also take x rays. He will also need to check the condition of your wisdom teeth as well as the general health state of your mouth. Once the dentist is able to detect any issue with your wisdom teeth, he might recommend surgical procedures to have them removed. It is recommended to have an early wisdom teeth removal to avoid complicated issues in the future.
AVERAGE COST OF WISDOM TOOTH REMOVAL
The average cost of wisdom tooth removal procedures will vary depending on the patient’s needs. It is very much possible to find a range of prices when you do your research, but when the case is minor, you will expend an average cost of $100. This might be more if the severity of damage to the tooth is much, especially when a surgical procedure has to be carried out.
AVERAGE PRICE OF THE COST OF SURGERY FOR WISDOM TOOTH REMOVAL
- In a minor case as earlier stated, a simple wisdom tooth removal will cost between $75 to $150 per tooth
- In a situation whereby the tooth is impacted, the cost of wisdom tooth removal can be as high as $200 to $700 per tooth
- In severe cases whereby all four teeth will need to be removed, some surgeons will offer great discounts, which might save you close to a $1,000 or even more.
The wisdom tooth removal procedure is not a very good experience to have most of the times. It always seems to be painful to a whole lot of people and for the tenderness of the human dentition, a whole lot of care need to be given to the teeth after a successful wisdom tooth removal.
You might want to follow these procedures after you have your wisdom tooth removed.
- It is well advisable not to rinse your mouth 24 hours after a tooth removal procedure
- You are advised to stick to a liquid or soft diet, the day before and the day after the wisdom tooth removal process. It might even take a longer period until you are able to much on something harder.
- While you are brushing your teeth, try as much as possible to avoid the affected teeth area as well as the gums next to the area that was extracted.
- 24 hours after the removal procedure, you are advised to rinse your mouth and specifically, the affected area gently with salty warm water
COMPLICATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH WISDOM TOOTH REMOVAL
Apart from the cost of removing a wisdom tooth, you will be faced with other complications of the tooth removal process, which is majorly health based. These are two are of the most common complications that a lot of people face:
- Parasthesia, which is also known as nerve damage. Wisdom teeth are close to the nerves and any removal procedure will definitely affect the nerves, which might cause them to bruise.
- Dry Socket: This occurs after most extraction of the wisdom tooth and it is the situation whereby a blood clot refused to form in the socket that was extracted.