Wedding Cake Cost – Average Prices to Bake or Order One
What is the cost of a 3-tier wedding cake near me? Well, we all wish this statement is as simple as it sounds, but it’s not. There are a lot of factors that determine the price of a wedding cake and we won’t bore you with most of them, but will definitely point out the most important parts.
Wedding cakes are the dream of a wedding party guest. It is quite rare to find a guest who doesn’t look forward to that time of having the last course of the wedding, which is the sharing of the wedding cake. But there is not flattering, the cost of a wedding cake can soar unexpectedly, especially in this modern day. The reason might be attributed to the fact lots and lots of people are getting wedded every weekend and the demand seems to be going up all the time. Another factor that can be responsible for this high wedding cake pricing could be the introduction of the latest techniques in wedding cake making.
WEDDING CAKE PRICES – ONE STEP, TWO STEPS OR 3 STEPS
But in the course of this article, we will look deep into the average wedding cake cost. So how much should I budget for my wedding cake?
YOU NEED TO TAKE TIME TO PLAN
Before you decide to shop for your wedding cake, it is quite very important to have the type of design you desire and not only that, how much you are willing to spend on the wedding cake. Before you do that, you have to be versed about how wedding cakes are priced.
You also have to put into consideration that wedding cakes are priced depending on the type of design and the bakery that baked the cake. And the wedding cake cost is being calculated by THE SLICE.
HOW MUCH IS A WEDDING CAKE
As earlier mentioned the wedding cake cost will be determined by the type of cake you want for yourself, the baker and the location of the baker. The average cost you might spend on your wedding cake will be within the range of $500. This is according to the Bridal Association of America.
And since wedding cakes are charged by the slice. What will be the average cost of the wedding cake per slice? That will now depend on the type of cake: be it chocolate flavoured or vanilla flavoured, most wedding cakes average $1.50 per slice.
Most wedding cakes come in tiers. A 2 to 3 tiered cake with a standard flavour as vanilla, chocolate, lemon poppy, carrot cake with minimum fondant will be between $6 to $7 per slice.
WHAT ARE THE ADDITIONAL COSTS YOU WILL INCUR
- There are quite a number of additional costs you will incur in making a wedding cake. Wedding cakes are decorated with flowers; you might not really spend much on this if you go for the natural flower option.
- Fondants are considered one of the most expensive parts of the wedding cake. Sometimes it can go as high as $1 per slice. If you decide to go for a more elaborate fondant decoration, then you should expect to spend more.
- Tiered wedding cakes are usually assembled on site by the baker to avoid any form of accident. Deliveries will definitely attract more charges and this can be between $50 to $100 depending on the size of the cake and the distance to the wedding location.
- It is quite interesting to note that some caterers will charge you a cake cutting fee. This can be just as little as $1 per slice.
HOW TO SAVE MONEY ON WEDDING CAKES
If your desire is to get the best wedding cake as the barest minimum cost, you can still save yourself a lot of money. Find below some few tips to help you achieve this.
- You may decide to avoid weird wedding cake shapes. It is most preferable to go for round and square shaped cakes.
- If you are on a budget, you might decide to have a smaller wedding cake on display. For instance one that can feed just 50 people even if your guest is about 100. You can then have another sheet cake that has no frosting and no decorations served to the rest of the guest. With this you will save yourself a lot of wedding cake cost. It is advisable to have your baker make the sheet cake so that it can be of the same taste with the decorated cake
- You can also decide to go for butter cream frosting instead of the fondant. You can save up to $1 per slice when you go for this option
- You can also decide to decorate your cake with natural beautiful flowers. All you need to do is ensure that the flower is safe. Natural flowers are quite cheaper than going for sugar flowers
- You should also note that chocolate and vanilla cakes are less expensive compared to carrot or red velvet
WHERE TO BUY A WEDDING CAKE
You can actually shop for your wedding cakes on the internet. Although it is quite advisable to see the cake you are buying before eventually placing the order. Some off the internet merchandise may not be as they were portrayed on the web.
You can also get to buy wedding cakes at local bakeries within your environment. In all, always ensure that you make your research so you can always get the best deal.