Famous Warren Buffett Quotes on Leadership, Wealth, Success and Investing
Here you can find all of Warren Buffett best quotes on life, long term investing, real estate etc that can tell you more about investing whether in the stock market or in businesses. Warren Buffett, the chief Executive Officer of Berkshire Hathaway has long been known as the Oracle when it comes to investing.
SEE: STEVE JOBS QUOTES
He is the third richest man in the world according to Forbes magazine with over $65 billion net worth. Main source of his wealth is from investment on different companies and in the stock market.
Reading warren buffett quotes will really open your eyes on some things you may not have taken notes before on investing. These quotes are majorly from his interviews, speeches, annual reports, books written about him, seminars etc.
Best Warren Buffett Quotes on Investment, Stock Market, Success and Life
- “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get”.
- “Chains of habit are two light to be felt when they are too heavy to be broken”.
- “We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful”.
- “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago”.
- “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die”.
- “Somebody once said that in looking for people to hire, you look for three qualities; integrity, intelligence, and energy. And if you don’t have the first, the other two will kill you. You think about it; it’s time. If you hire somebody without integrity, you really want them to be dumb and lazy”.
- “Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people”.
- “The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging”.
- “I insist on a lot of time being spent, almost every day, to just sit and think. This is very uncommon in America business. I read and think. So, I do more reading and thinking, and make less impulse decisions than most people in business. I do it because I like this kind of life”.
- “Rule No.1; Never lose money. Rule No.2; Never forget rule No.1”.
- “Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing”.
- “In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield”.
- “I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years”.
- “Only buy something that you’d perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years”.
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you will do things differently”.
- “The investor of today does not profit from yesterday’s growth”.
- “Predicting rain doesn’t count, building ark does”.
- “No matter how great the talent or efforts, some things just take time. You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant”.
- “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no at almost everything”.
- “It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out association whose behavior is better than yours and you will drift in that direction”.
- “Wall street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway”.
- “When you won portion of outstanding businesses with outstanding managements, our favorite holding periods is favour”.
- “Your premium brand had better be delivering something special, or it’s not going to get the business”.
- “If a business does well, the stock eventually follows”.
- “When you combine ignorance and leverage, you get some pretty interesting results”.
- “Buy a stock the way you would buy a house. Understand and like it such that you’d be content to own it in the absence of any market”.
- “Never ask a barber if you need a haircut”.
- “If you’ve been playing poker for half an hour and you still don’t know who the palsy is, you are the palsy”.
- “It’s nice to have a lot of money, but you know, you don’t want to keep it around forever. I prefer buying things. Otherwise, it’s a little like saving sex for your old age”.
- “What counts for most people in investing is not how much they know, but rather how realistically they define what they know”.
- “You don’t need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with 130 IQ”.
- “Buy great businesses when they are trading at fair or better prices”.
- “Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can’t buy what is popular and do well”.
- “Diversification is a protection against ignorance. It makes very little sense for those who know what they are doing”.
- “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute”.
After going through these quotes, I believe you must have learned something new and must have taken notes too. Let me know your favorite quotes from Warren Buffett that was either mentioned or was not mentioned via the comment box below.