COST OF EAR POINTING SURGERY – DOCTORS’ CHARGES
How much does elf ear surgery cost? The next time you gaze into the mirrors and take a look at your eyes. Would you mind making it look like the ears of an elf? A lot of individuals actually do, and you won’t be surprised that they spend a lot of dollars on surgical procedures to reshape the top point of their ear.
Reports have it that elf ear became a trend after the movies star in Star Trek, Mr Spock. Whether you are thrilled by this new trend or not, a lot of searches have been on the internet on the cost of elf ear surgery. And we will take a deep look into that in the course of our article.
WHAT IS THE COST OF AN ELF EAR SURGERY?
To have an elf ear, an individual will pass through a difficult and irreversible situation. Unlike a tattoo or a body piercing, this is a kind of body modification that, once altered, cannot be restored to its normal state.
It has been reported that elf ear surgery cost will be in the tune of $2,500 to $7,500. The surgery will be performed by a certified plastic surgeon. At the initial stage of consultation, you will need to make a payment of $250 or even more before the appointment is confirmed.
SEE: MIRACLE EAR COST
The total cost of the surgery will now depend on the local rate, the charges of the specialist and other additional costs that go with the ear modification. For instance, in California, the elf ear surgery cost is $7,000 at the California Centre for Plastic Surgery. This cost will be exclusive of surgical solutions, medicinal tests and anaesthesia.
WHAT SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN ELF SURGERY COST?
Before the surgical procedure is carried out, the specialist will offer an initial consultation which will include evaluating and assessing what the patient will need. The surgeon will be responsible to provide information on the surgery and the many options available for the patient and as well provide an inventory of the materials that will be needed for the procedure.
THE AFTERCARE OF AN ELF EAR SURGERY
It is a thing to understand the cost of the elf ear surgery and to finally make the decision to go under the knife to get the modification; it is another thing to understand that there will definitely be an after effect of the surgery.
Once the ear modification has been carried out, patients should understand that the skin area around the ear will be so tender that it will hurt or bleed at any slight pressure applied to it. This cannot be avoided, and when it happens all that needs to be done is just to apply some pressure for some few minutes on the area to allow the blood to clot.
THINGS TO AVOID
- It is advisable that you don’t apply creams, surgical souls or hydrogen peroxide to clean the elf ear. These items are extremely unpleasant and might cause deferral mending as well as aggravation to the ear.
- The elf ear should not be touched with dirty hands, especially immediately after the modification is done. This will elongate the healing time and very muck likely to cause an infection to the ear
- It is also advisable to avoid sleeping sideways because of the modified ears.
CARE OF THE ELF EAR
- The elf ear should be cleaned at least twice in a day using a cotton bud dipped in saline solution. You can also utilise anti bacterial hand wash to dip the pointed ear.
- There is also a piercing aftercare spray that you can apply on the modified ears. The spray will help you mend you ears and make them heal speedily
- If it happens that you break a stitch, you can apply a steristrip to the ear and then make a visit to the doctor so it can be taken care of
- Once it is about 3 weeks after the modification, you can visit the specialist or centre to have the stitches expelled. Once the stitches have been removed, a week after you can begin to apply Bio Oil or Vit E. This will assist in lessening the scarring and building the bloodstream
ADDITIONAL COSTS FOR ELF EAR SURGERY
You might need to incur additional cost for anesthesia or pay extra fee for the availability of an anesthesiologist at the time of the procedure. Also, you can get additional prescriptions of medicine that may not be included in the insurance cover if at all you have insurance to cover for the cost of elf ear surgery.
If also the procedure is being done at a standard hospital and not at a studio, you might be required to make additional hospital fees.
WHERE TO GET AN ELF EAR SURGERY?
You can get an elf ear surgery done at a hospital or by a body modification expert. The plastic surgeon will be responsible for the procedure at a hospital and they are more experienced than body modifiers.
You can get a searchable directory for certified practitioner from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons