Famous Life Advice and Business Information from Li Ka Shing
I am about sharing with you 35 powerful Li Ka Shing quotes. Are you a fan of the richest person in Asia, Li Ka Shing? Do you enjoy reading words from Li Ka Shing? If your answer is yes to those questions, just continue reading.
The early life of Li Ka Shing is such a motivational story that one can read and become hopeful in life. Born from a humble background, a teacher ‘s son, a refugee and later became a sales man. He was forced to drop out of school after the death of his father to become a plant operator at a plastic trading company working 16 hours every day.
From working for a plastic trading company to becoming the richest person in the whole of Asia, you should know that he is worth listening when he planned saying anything.
If you are ready to learn from this great man, here are 35 powerful Li Ka Shing quotes that you should read and get inspired in your life pursue.
1. Something that seems to be a loss can often turn out to be a gain.
2. I was facing life for the first time. I was 12 years old, but I felt like a 20 years old. I knew then what my life was.
3. The secret of management is simply identifying and making use of talent.
4. I wasn’t lucky. I worked hard to achieve the goals I set for myself.
5. The more you know, the more confidence you gain.
6. This was actually a more difficult job, but the prospects were better. I was confident about the bright prospects of the plastics industry and I told my boss that I would like to start my own business. I already knew a lot about the plastics business, including the technology, the market and sales.
7. The first year, as I didn’t have much capital, I did everything myself, which kept my overhead low.
8. Your life is meaningful if you can honestly say that you have done your best to do some good.
9. Vision is perhaps our greatest strength…it has kept up alive to the power and continuity of thought through the centuries, it makes us peer into the future and lean shapes to the unknown.
10. The future may be made up of many factors but where it truly lies is in the hearts and minds of men. Your dedication should be confined for your own gain, but unleashes your passion for our beloved country as well as for the integrity and humanity of mankind.
11. We are approaching a new age of synthesis. Knowledge cannot be merely a degree or a skill…it demands a broader vision, capabilities in critical thinking and logical deduction without which we cannot have constructive progress.
12. When times are though you need to ask yourself if you’re up to it. During tough times I’ve always thought I’m up to it.
13. Buying land is not like buying antique. It is not the only deal available.
14. It takes a cool head to do business, as does playing golf. Even if you’ve teed off badly, as long as you keep your composure, stick to your plan, you may not lose the hole.
15. Be prepared for raining days. No matter how well you are doing, you have got to be prepared.
16. I am very prudent financially because of those hard times I went through. I spent nothing. I had a haircut every three months. I shaved my head like a monk.
17. I needed to save every penny…I needed to be strong, and needed to find some way to secure a future. That’s why I am always conservative. I never forget to maintain stability while advancing, and I never forget to advance while maintaining stability.
18. You give more in order to get more.
19. If you are good to people, they will be good to you.
20. Through the years, property is of course the most profitable business. But no line of business remains forever prosperous. At a certain point, there will be market saturation or the government will have new policies. I’d always known this.
21. Knowledge changes fate.
22. Money may be spent but never squandered.
23. You can believe in Fung Shui if you want, but ultimately people control their own fate. The most important thing is to improve yourself and give it your best. Then many things previously thought to be impossible will become possible.
24. Broaden your vision, and maintain stability while advancing forward. That is my philosophy.
25. The future may be made up of many factors but where it truly lies is in the hearts and minds of men. Your dedication should not be confined for your own gain, but unleashes your passion for our beloved country as well as for the integrity and humanity of mankind.
26. I should make more money and use it when opportunity arises. Only making money like this has any meaning.
27. You must know and understand your business like the back of your hand. Otherwise, your company would be here today, gone tomorrow.
28. Reputation is the key to success. You have to be loyal to your customers.
29. If you allow your partner to benefit from the deal, they always come back and want to do business with you. There will never be a shortage of opportunity.
30. In Chinese we have a saying: If you want to be successful, whatever your business or position, you need to accept different opinions and different people.
31. I have set boundaries for myself. There are certain businesses I won’t go into…This is my principle and I will stick to it.
32. I wake up every day just before 6:00 am and exercise and play golf for an hour and a half. I insist on reading before I go to bed at night. I am still energetic during the day. Your energy comes from being interested in your work.
33. I long for a frugal life. In general, frugal people have more time. This attitude has not affected my business, but has actually helped me to achieve the best results and returns for my shareholders.
34. If you have done your best to make meaningful contributions, when it is time for you to go, all you will feel is a little tired, just like when the sun sets you need to take a rest. I just hope that I lead a full life.
35. If you think, then you will be prepared. If you are prepared, then you will have no worries.
Thanks for sharing these Li Ka Shing quotes