HABITS OF PEOPLE WITH MENTAL TOUGHNESS
A person who is strong and tough mentally is a mentally strong person and he or she is someone who has good and healthy habits who knows how to control his or her behaviour, characters, emotions and thoughts for success. People with mental toughness have their own behaviors and habits which are:
(1) Welcomes Opinion: People with mental toughness are open to opinions and ideas from others and also voice out their opinions whether good or bad without being scared of anyone.
(2) Adjustment: They are ready to change and adapt adjustments, they are also open to changes because they understand that changes are for the best.
(3) Thoughts: People with mental toughness don’t limit their thoughts whatever the situation, they don’t just conclude on matters without looking deep and maybe, investigate into it.
(4) Independency: Another habit is that they do not depend on other people unnecessarily, they try to maintain a good relationship with others so they do not depend on them in one way or the other.
(5) Forgiveness: Mentally tough people forgive themselves and others so they can move on, anyone who does not forgive especially himself or herself for a mistake won’t be able to move on and also does not dwell on the past.
(6) Limitations: Mentally tough people know their limits, and they do not go beyond their limits. They know what they can do, what they can try to do and what they should not even attempt to do. Everyone has limitations, the earlier you know them, the better.
(7) Procrastination and Assumptions: Another habit of theirs is that they do not procrastinate or make assumptions, procrastination piles up work and make things difficult while assumption makes a fool of someone.
(8) Avoid Malice: They avoid keeping malice with people and also conflicts, malice and conflicts does not help matters or proffer solution to problems. Keeping malice brings no achievement and mentally tough people are after achievements and success.
(9) Improvements: Mentally tough people are always ready to take steps and do things that will move them forward and improve them and their lifestyles because they understand that no one is perfect and believe in themselves that they can do much better than they are doing.
(10) Crisis: It is a general knowledge that crisis shake people and confuses them but mentally tough people remain calm in the face of crisis and also think clearly of how to solve the crisis. Every one of us faces one or another problem in life and your level of calmness during the time you are facing this problem determines how tough you are mentally.
(11) Temptations: Mentally tough people are successful people, overcoming temptations is one of their habits. Temptations come in different forms for people that want to be successful and your ability to withstand it says much about how tough you are.
For instance, having unforeseen fears about your business failing is a temptation on its own, you need to be brave because everyone gets scared of one thing or the other and also keep your priorities straight and right.
(12) Time Management: Mentally tough people manage their time effectively and efficiently which makes them more productive and useful to people surrounding them, good management of time is a step towards becoming successful.
(13) Strong Will: People with mental toughness are very persistent, they have a strong will and power, and they do not give up on things until they get what they want which is always success.
(14) Past: Mentally tough people use their past as a training for their present situation and also future, they learn from their past mistakes and other peoples’ past mistake, even when something bad happen to them, they see it as a chance to learn new things so that you won’t repeat same mistakes later in the future.
(15) Criticism: Mentally strong people see people equally, they do not criticize or whine about the problem they are having because whining solves no problem, they rather open themselves to help from others and have conversation with friends and relatives on how the problem can be solved.
They do not criticize others in the sense that they celebrates other people success, they do not resent people for shining before them because resenting others waste your mental energy and moving with successful people will also bring out the success in you.
(16) Anger: Another habit is that they are slow to anger, mentally tough people do not get angry easily no matter how stressed they are, they stay calm and handle things smoothly.
If you do not have two or more of the habits mentioned above, then you are not mentally tough and you should try and work on it because being mentally tough is a good thing.