Interested in small bottled water production business ideas? If YES, here is how to open a water bottling company with no money and no experience. How much does it cost to start up?
Starting a Bottled Water Production Business: Factory Design, Layout and Cost
Small Scale Bottled Water Production Machine, Cost and Process + Business Plan
As there is the growing need for diversity within the economy, there are a lot of untapped business opportunities that an entrepreneur could always tap from and bottled water production is definitely one of those businesses in China and Winnipeg.
Water is essential to life and it is just one of the commodities human beings cannot do without. This gives it a very high potential for success as there is a ready-made market for the business, any time any day. The growing world population as well has made the bottled water production business a highly lucrative one.
how to set up a bottled water factory
And it is very much interesting to note that there is a plan by the Federal Government to put a final ban on the production plants and lines of sachet water. This will definitely increase the demand of bottled water. Although this may not necessarily lead to an increase in price of bottled water, as supply will definitely go up which will lead to a healthy competition and so price of bulk order bottled water will surely come down. Investing in normal and flavoured bottled water production in Nigeria and other parts of Africa is one of the best decisions for an entrepreneur.
3 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD START BOTTLED WATER PRODUCTION COMPANY
1. Water is always in demand: Water is quite indispensable and very essential to life. So there will always be a demand for it and judging by the present attitude of the government to the supply of potable water to the masses, the only available alternative is to get from other private suppliers, so there will always be a full demand for bottled water.
2. Government Plans to Protect the Environment: There is a plan by the government to reduce the effect of non-degrading items such as nylons on the environment. And as we all know that sachet water is packaged in nylons, so with the ban of these non-environmental friendly nylons, bottled water demand will definitely spring up.
3. High profit margin: Water, which is the major raw material for complete production is readily available through a lot of sources. Just a sunken bore-hole is enough and there will be an immense supply of water, which after bottled water process will be sold at a very high turn-over rate.
BASIC THINGS REQUIRED TO START A BOTTLED WATER COMPANY
1. FEASIBILITY STUDY: Before an entrepreneur can successfully start a bottled water production company off the ground, he needs to get the requirements for the business, which can be done through adequate research.
Though it is well advisable to consult an expert to assist in starting a bottling water company in Nigeria. The result of your research will determine the type of bottled water to produce, the type of markets you will targets as well the pricing of your products.
2. BOTTLE SUPPLIERS: This is very much vital in the production of bottled water. An entrepreneur will need a very good and reliable supplier of these bottles as production has to be continual and a single hitch might have a very large effect of revenue.
3. SOURCE OF WATER: A very good water source is also essential to the success of the business. Depending on the location, one can get source from springs or sink bore holes or even get supplies from the state water corporation.
4. FACTORY EQUIPMENT: These are also very essential in production as water must be treated and processed before bottling. Water bottling plant for treatment, filtering, filling machines, conveyors, sterilizers, bottle loaders, dispensing machines as well as sealers will be required and these can be acquired in different grades depending on the financial capacity of the entrepreneur.
5. STORAGE TANKS: These are also essential in production. Water from the source, be it bore hole or any other source will need to be stored in the tank firstly, before transference to the treatment plants for processing.
6. GOVERNMENT APPROVAL: It is also important to note that Government approval through the appropriate agencies is also essential to acquire before you can even start production of bottled water.
7. LOCATION: This is as well essential to production. Your location has to be close to water supply as well as your market. The environment of your location should be well hygienic enough not to contaminate your source of water. And the terrain as well should be well considered, it has to be smooth to allow for easy passage of vehicles around the water factory and transportation of products to the market.
CHALLENGES OF WATER PRODUCTION COMPANY
1. Starting up a business to produce bottled water is capital intensive and will also need a flow of investment funds starting from the launch to when the business breaks even. So it will be advisable to have enough funds to cater for the requirements of the business before ever thinking of starting up.
2. Cost of maintenance of bottled water equipment is quite high
3. Inadequate power supply is also a big limitation to the success of your bottled water business in South Africa, Kenya, India and other parts of the world. Although alternative power source could be utilized but this will definitely lead to additional cost.
4. It is also quite stressful to get approvals from the government as there are some conditions you will have to meet before you are granted the license to operate.
5. There is also a seasonal effect on bottled water market as there is less demand for water during wet/rainy seasons due to the fact that people consume less water during these periods.
COST OF STARTING THE BUSINESS
How Much Does It Cost to Start a Water Bottling Company? The minimum overall cost of starting a bottled water production companies in Lagos and Port Harcourt including the acquisition of bottle water filling and sealing machines is in the tune of $25,000 USD (N5Million)
To download a free sample of bottled water production plant feasibility study and plan, click here: bottled water production business plan template pdf