Famous Bill Gates Quotes about Philanthropy, Business, Technology, Success and Money
Are you looking for Bill Gates inspirational quotes about network marketing and making money? William Henry Gates is an American businessman, technologist and philanthropist. He is the richest and one of the most influential people in the world. He is known globally as the founder of Microsoft and for his humanitarian works with his wife under the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation which is also the world’s largest private charitable foundation.
Bill gates was a student of Harvard, who dropped out in 1975 to start a company with his friend Paul Allen, the business grew to what we known today as Microsoft.
Bill Gates has written many books and there is a lot to learn from him. After watching his interviews and reading his books, I was able pick these quotes which you will find helpful.
Inspirational Bill Gates Quotes
- “It is fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed to lessons of failure”
- “We all need people who will give us feedback, that is how we improve.”
- “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning”
- “If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good”
- “The future of advertising is in the internet “
- “If you are born poor it’s not your mistake, but if you die poor it’s your mistake.”
- “Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.”
- “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world…if you do so, you are insulting yourself.”
- “I can understand wanting to have millions of dollars, there’s a certain freedom, meaningful freedom, that comes with that. ‘But once you get much beyond that, I have to tell you, it’s the same hamburger”
- “If your culture doesn’t like geeks, you are in real trouble.”
- “Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.”
- “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.”
- “I failed in some subjects in exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft.”
- “Patience is a key element of success”
- “I have been struck again and again by how important measurement is to improving the human condition.”
- “We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.
- “If I’d had some set idea of a finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it years ago?”
- “We’ve got to put a lot of money into changing behaviour.”
- “Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.”
- “I don’t know’ has become ‘I don’t know yet’.”
- “Of my mental cycles, I devote maybe 10% to business thinking. Business isn’t that complicated. I wouldn’t want that on my business card.”
- “If geek means you’re willing to study things, and if you think science and engineering matter, I plead guilty. If your culture doesn’t like geeks, you are in real trouble.”
- “This is a fantastic time to be entering the business world, because business is going to change more in the next 10 years than it has in the last 50.”
- “Expectations are a form of first-class truth: If people believe it, it’s true.”
- “Our success has really been based on partnerships from the very beginning.”
- “Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping – they called it opportunity.”
- “If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.”
- “I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.”
- “Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t get summers off, and very few employers are interested in helping you. Find yourself.”
- “I’m a big believer that as much as possible, and there’s obviously political limitations, freedom of migration is a good thing”
- “Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you were. So before you save the rainforest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.”
- “If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 MPG.
- “Everyone needs a coach. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a basketball player, a tennis player, a gymnast or a bridge player”.
- “Until we’re educating every kid in a fantastic way, until every inner city is cleaned up, there is no shortage of things to do”
- “Who decides what’s in Windows? The customers who buy it.”
As at 2018, Bill Gates is worth 89.2 billion USD.