Inspirational Andrew Carnegie Quotes Library on Teamwork, Real Estate, Gospel of Wealth, Philanthropy
Andrew Carnegie, born on 25th November, 1835 was one of the wealthiest businessman of the 19th century. He was a Scottish-American industrialist, a self-made steel tycoon. He rose from a life of utter poverty to become one of the richest men on earth.
Andrew Carnegie wrote so many books before he died and he was famous for most of his inspiring quotes that can make anyone be the best they want to be in life. In this post, I will be sharing most of Andrew Carnegie quotes for you to jot down and meditate on them.
READ: Famous Investment Quotes
- “No man can become rich without himself enriching others.”
- “There is little success where there is little laughter”.
- “You cannot push any one up a ladder unless he be willing to climb a little himself”.
- “A library outranks any other one thing a community can do to benefit its people. it is a never falling spring in the desert”.
- “As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do”.
- “People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.”
- “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspired your hopes”.
- “The way to become rich is to put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket”.
- “The secret of happiness is renunciation.”
- “Surplus wealth is a sacred trust which its possessor is bound to administer in his lifetime for the good of his community.”
- “No one will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it.”
- “Aim for the highest”.
- “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspired your hopes.”
- “Wealth is not to feed the egos but to feed the hungry and to help people help themselves.”
- “Anything worth having is worth working for.”
- “I should say to young men, no matter how little it may be possible to save, save that little.”
- “Study any person who is known to be a permanent success and you will find that he has a definite major goal; he has a plan for the attainment of his goal; he devotes the major portion of his thoughts and his efforts to the attainment of this purpose.”
- “Men who know exactly what they want of life, and are determined to get it, do not stop with wishing. They intensify their wishes into a burning desire, and back that desire with continuous effort based on a sound plan.”
- “You are what you think. So just think big, believe big, act big, work big, give big, forgive big, laugh big, love big and live big.”
- “There is a power under your control that is greater than poverty, greater than the lack of education, greater than all your fears and superstitions combined. It is the power to take possession of your own mind and direct it to whatever ends you may desire.”
- “Young man, make your name worth something.”
- “Think of yourself as on the threshold of unparalleled success, a whole, clear, glorious life lies before you. Achieve! Achieve!”
- “People hardly succeed except they have fun in what they are doing.”
- “It may interest you to know that approximately ninety-eight out of every hundred people are totally without a major goal, and it is significant that approximately the same percentage of people are regarded as failure.”
- “Lack of schooling is no valid excuse for failure; neither is an exhaustive schooling a guarantee of success.”
- “All achievements, all earned riches have their beginning in an idea.”
- “The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else to which he justly entitled.”
- “Watch the costs and the profits will take care of themselves.”
- “He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave.”
- “Do your duty and a little more and the future will take care of itself.”
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.”
- “The men who have succeeded are men who have chosen one line and stuck to it.”
- “I believe that the true road to preeminent success in any line is to make yourself master of that line.”
- “It is the mind that makes the body rich.”
- “It marks a big step in your development when you come to realize that other people can help you do a better job than you could do alone.”
- “When fate hands us a lemon, lets try to make lemonade.”
- “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.”
- “The greatest astonishment of my life was the discovery that the man who does the work is not the man who gets rich.”
- “Do not look for approval except for the consciousness of doing your best.”
- “The average person puts only 25% of his energy and ability into his work. The world takes off its hat to those who put in more than 50% of their capacity and stands on its head for those few and far between souls who devote 100%.”
READ: Bill Gates Quotes
Awaken the giants within you as you go through Andrew Carnegie quotes about life, finance and business.