Whataburger Franchise Opportunities and Setup Information
Is Whataburger a franchise? Are you having doubt if Whataburger is the best choice of becoming a franchisee in the food restaurant business? Are you interested in the food industry that you are planning on join a successful well-respected food chain restaurant franchise? Here is all you need to know about them so you can decide on your choice of action.
Does whataburger franchise? Yes, Whataburger is a fast food restaurant chain just like every other food chain business and their main product is hamburgers, and is based in San Antonio, Texas, in the United States of America. It is popular for its trademark A-frame restaurants with its white-and-Orange stripe roofs.
Who were the first Whataburger owners? The first Whataburger restaurant was opened by Harmon Dobson and Paul Burton in August 1950 on Ayers street, Corpus Christi, Texas. At inception, the burgers were sold for 25 cents. Harmon Dobson’s goal in opening Whataburger was to serve a burger so large that it had to be held with both hands, and so delicious that when anyone ate it, they would say, “What a burger!”
How much does whataburger make a year? Whataburger fast food franchise has its core products the Whataburger, Whataburger Jnr., Justaburger, Whatacatch-which is a fish sandwich, and the Whatachik’n. French fries and hot pies were added to the menu in 1962. Whataburger also serves breakfast to customers from 11am to 11pm.
Whataburger’s Growth – How much Profit Whataburger Franchise Make
After arguments regarding price increase of the burger from 25 to 30 cents between Harmon Dobson and Paul Burton in 1951, barely a year after opening, the duo ended their partnership.
Paul Burton was settled with owning the Whataburger franchises in San Antonio, Texas. The first store outside Corpus Christi was opened by Harmon Dobson in 1952 in Kingsville, Texas, and a year later, Joe Andrews Snr. became the first non-founder to own a Whataburger franchise in Alice, Texas.
The first Whataburger restaurant outside Texas was opened in 1959 in Pensacola, Florida. By 1960, Whataburger had stores across Texas, Florida, Tennessee, and expanded to Arizona in 1963. From a total of 26 stores in 1963 with over 16,000 burgers sold daily, Whataburger grew to 40 restaurant outlets in 1967.
Whataburger celebrated its 50th anniversary on August 8, 2000, with 575 operating stores. In 2007, with 700 stores, the company estimated an annual revenue of one Billion Dollars.
By 2011, Whataburger had 728 stores operating in ten states of which 611 stores are owned by the Dobson family, and the remaining 117 stores owned and operated by 25 franchisees.
Whataburger Franchise – How much is a whataburger franchise?
How much does a whataburger franchise cost? A lot of funding, expertise, and experience is required to run a restaurant franchise, and a good way to deal with the expertise and experience part of the equation is to purchase a franchise. Franchises depend on a system and business model that has already been proven to work.
Additionally, franchises also get the added value of receiving support and training from the Whataburger’s headquarters and association.
How would you go about starting a Whataburger franchise?
• Request a franchise application from Whataburger. Ensure to review all the documents and agreements provided by the franchisor, including financial statements and company training and support programs that are in place for franchises.
• Talk to people who are currently franchisees in the Whataburger franchise restaurant chain. Get to know first-hand about the day-to-day running of the business activities, as well as how much the franchise make in a day as daily income because this will give you valuable insights on what to expect when opening the franchise.
• Find out if Whataburger franchise profit meets or exceeds your expectations. It is important to also find out how easy it is to work with the franchisor from their point of view.
• To franchise Whataburger, get a suitable location and ensure that the proposed territory is not occupied by another franchise. Whataburger favours locations in the southern part of the United States.
• Do a feasibility study on the establishment of a Whataburger franchise in the chosen area. The area should be beneficial to the franchise economically and should have enough foot and vehicular traffic to support the franchise.
• Initial funding for your Whataburger franchise will require a minimum of two hundred thousand dollars and could reach up to half a million dollars depending on other factors. This will include your Whataburger franchise royalty fee.
Whataburger franchise application
• Obtain the necessary forms and information regarding Whataburger franchise requirements for your business approval. This application can be gotten from the Whataburger Development Officer.
• Meet with the Whataburger franchise liaison office to draw up the plan for opening the franchise.
• Get a real estate property for your Whataburger franchise. This could be purchased or rented. Getting a property for the franchise should be done after approval has been gotten from Whataburger.
• Set a date for the store opening, hire the needed staff and a manager to oversee the operations of the franchise, and ensure to get all the details regarding product delivery from the Whataburger liaison office.
So, are you still going with your choice to own a Whataburger franchise? You have to do a personal research by giving a call to any of their chain office if you still have any question in mind. You can Google any of their fast food store nearest to you to look them up, as well as to find good whataburger franchise for sale.