[SAMPLE] DETAILED BUSINESS PLAN OUTLINE FOR STARTUPS - PDF
Do you want to get a professional outline of a business plan report in ppt and pdf formats? A good business plan for profit and non-profit organization is a formal capture of new business targets (both financial and no-financial), stated reasons for their attainability and strategies for reaching them. It may also include background information about the organization or team members who will form the nucleus of reaching those goals. This why every entrepreneur should learn how to write an outline of a business plan for small businesses.
How To Create An Outline of a Business Plan
Successful restaurant business plan samples may also include allowances for unforeseen changes in perception and expectations by the consumers and customers. When the existing business is packaged to take on major changes in scope or operation or when a new venture is planned financially, a 3 to 5 year sample business plan for investors should capture these dynamics, as core investors will look at the numbers in determining if investment will yield a return in that time period.
The following reasons have been advanced for the need of having detailed small business plan objectives for retail, clothing line, student businesses, food truck, hair salon and other businesses:
• The extensive and intensive research that will be carried out will make the business outfit to come up with innovative ways of ensuring the longevity of the proposed business
• Setting up the big picture will put the business in a clear perspective, with regards to potentials for earning and other indices.
• The strategic business plan expressly states the need of the customer that is to be met.
• The business plan offers staff and management alike, the opportunity to synergize efforts in achieving the vision and mission statements of the business.
• A comprehensive business plan is usually the precondition for applying for financing.
The main elements to include in the short sample outline of a detailed business plan are as follows:
What are the basics of a business plan outline?
• Executive summary. The restaurant or real estate business plan template should begin with an executive summary. The summary compresses the main points into two or three pages so investors can quickly determine the direction and projection of the business and whether or not to consider giving the plan their continued attention.
• Product/Service. What product will the business be selling? What is the nature and scope of the service to be rendered? A business startup, marketing and contingency plan should describe the product/service, with adequate information to enable an initial assessment. The technical details can be left out at the start, all that will be needed initially is un-bundling the business in a language that is easy to understand
• Marketing. Who are the target groups for the product/service? Why will people buy the product or patronize the service? The provision of numbers and figures will enable investors have a glimpse into the potentials of the venture. Give numbers and sources to give a feel for the opportunity size eg, "Mowers Digest, states that 500 lawn mower manufacturers require 30 hours to change production lines. Our patented MowerPractor reduces that to 1 hour, resulting in savings of an estimated $10 billion annually."
The business development plan must state target markets for its product or service and proffer a plan for achieving it. It is also important that the detailed business plan example put the cost of advertising and marketing into the financials.
• Business model. The business plan report must show where the revenue will come from. It must also state how these revenue sources will be maintained and how more channels of income can be opened. The structures and chain of command should also be highlighted.
• The team. The business plan sample should introduce staff, management and board of advisors. Investors are not only attracted to good business ideas but would like to see the team that will propel the business in meeting all the stated goals and objectives. As such, the business plan proposal must show the relevant experiences of the team with regard to the core business of the venture.
• Competition. The business plan template must touch on the competition and show what unique competencies will stand the business out, from the rest.
• Financing. How much funds of the business are personal? Borrowed? How much more financing does the business require? How will such funds be expended? What return are investors going to receive after they invest?
A rule of thumb to make a complete outline format for both the business plan body and cover sheet is to include two to five years of financial projections.
• Operations. What command structure will guide the operations of the business, when it commences operations? A description should be given as to how the product/service will be delivered to the customer. Also the plan should touch on the anticipated problems and what measures the business will take in mitigating them. If your business wants 100,000 people a year to order custom-made shirts via online orders, it will be expedient to show how the business will go about fulfilling that demand.
• Scale. How will the business grow? It is standard practice for the free but brief general business plan outline of startups to further expound on growth plans and the scaling of operations.
I hope you now know what a business plan outline is and how to develop one?