How To Start a Chalk Production Business
Production of Chalk and How to Make Money From This Business
Chalk is a teaching tool used every day in a local school or a school just opening before getting a whiteboard. There is no argument that school chalk production business in Nigeria, Ethiopia and other parts of world is a very profitable business. This I say with confident because schools are opening every now and then nationwide. School chalk production is a very straight forward and simple process. The chemicals or ingredients needed for the production process are easily found in the marketplace and are affordable.
Do you know you can make good money through chalk production business? If yes, then I am giving a full detail on how one can start a lucrative chalk production business in Nigeria and make good money every month.
School Chalk Production Process and Procedure
This business can be done from the comfort of your home. You don't need to build a factory. The most important and major chalk making machine or requirement that you need for chalk production is the chalk mould which is used for moulding the chalk piece. Go online to get the current chalk making machine price in India from reliable suppliers.
It gives the chalk it shape, size and length. It is made of either rubber or metal but usually with a wooden frame.
Materials Needed For Making Chalk
1. Water: Clean water is used for mixing the ingredients.
2. Plaster of Paris (POP): This is a major raw material in the production of chalk piece. It is that white powder that you know that is used for sculpture in arts.
3. Calcium Carbonate: This chemical is also used in chalk production and mainly in paint. It is mixed with the POP to increase it quality.
Chalk Manufacturing Equipment
1. Chalk Mould: This is the most important chalk production machine which contains holes. It has different types based on the number of holes they have. The numbers of holes determine the amount of chalk it can produce at once.
It ranges between 144 to 240 holes version. It is sold above N30, 000. I can't give a specific price due to market fluctuations.
2. Scraper: A flat metal. It is used for scraping the surface of the chalk mould.
3. Hand glove
4. Packaging materials.
Chalk Production Process
1. Pour your required quantity of POP into a plastic bucket or container and add some quantity of Calcium Carbonate and mix properly with your hand.
WARNING: Make sure you are wearing your hand glove throughout the process.
2. Add clean water and mix thoroughly. Make sure that the mixture is not watery and not too thick at the same time.
3. Pour the solution into the mould.
WARNING: The mixed solution must be used immediately. It must be poured into the chalk mould. If not, it is wasted.
Shake the mould and use your hand to guide the solution as you're pouring to ensure it reaches all the base of the mould, filling it completely.
NB: The mould must have been cleaned and coupled back before preparing the solution.
4. Allow the chalk to form for about 15-20 minutes for the first stage of drying to take place.
5. Loosen the nut and open the mould when you are sure that the solution (chalk) has formed.
6. After collecting the chalks, sun dry them for 2-3 days.
Packaging the Chalks
Your chalk can be packaged in two ways depending on the one you prefer. Nylon packaging and Paper packaging.
Nylon packaging is the packaging of your chalk in transparent polythene bags branded with your company's identity like business name, address and contact details.
Paper packaging is the packaging of your chalk in small canton or boxes having your company name and contact information.
Marketing the Chalks
When marketing your chalks, you should not think hard. Your market is already waiting for you to come and inform them that you have product.
Your markets are schools, nursery, primary, or secondary school, bookshops, tutorial lectures house (mostly UTME & WASSCE), etc.
You can only supply to tailors, market women and Mallam at a rentail price.
Hope this information was useful to you!