7 Factors To Consider When Choosing A Business Location
How To Choose A Good Location For Your Business - Why Is This Important?
Understanding your customers is key in selecting the best location for your business. To get your business location right, you should carry out a careful assessment into whose needs your business is meeting and what type of people fall into such demographics. If you would be selling products needed by high-income earners, siting your business in a rural area or suburb is the first step in perfecting failure.
SEE: Small Business Ideas For Small Towns, Rural Areas And Villages
A very important considerations for a good business location for any prospective investment is the socio-cultural and economic demographics of the surrounding communities. A region may be very are good for resell ventures but highly unsuitable for production business. Another one may do well for retail operations but not idea for industrial use. Therefore as a business owner, an in-depth study of the host community before deciding on which location to site your business is crucial.
HOT! Top 10 Fastest Growing Small Businesses In The World
Influencing Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Location For Business
1. Cost Implications -----» Investors can choose to site their business in areas where rent or purchase of land and building is affordable and where they can actually operate within cost-effective limits.
2. Security Risks -----» The quality of the neighborhood and the vulnerability of the business to theft and security risks may influence where a business is eventually located.
3. Space Availability -----» Business owners choose areas where they can easily get access to space especially during the process of expansion.
4. Basic Amenities -----» A location may be selected for business based on the proximity of professionals to support the business. Access to road, steady power supply and ease of acquiring inputs may affect where a business would be situated.
5. Personal Convenience -----» A business site may be preferred for personal reasons. May people choose where to locate their business considering how far they have to drive each day.
6. Business Taxes -----» Often times, many investors try to get a compromise between high returns and low tax rates in choosing a location for their business.
7. Competition -----» The level of competition with your business may vary from place to place. While considering where to put up the business, you should look at areas where competition is not too keen as would kill your venture in its early stages.
READ: Top 5 Examples of Marketing Strategies To Improve Sales In Business
While searching for the best location for your business, you need to ask yourself the following questions;
-----» Is the area suitable for such investment?
-----» How easy would it be developing a good relationship with the landlord and neighbours?
-----» Are there existing laws and policy relating to such business in the area?
-----» Is the community secured? How safe is your business in that area?
-----» How good is the facility? How much repair needs to be done? Is there opportunity for expansion? Is it comfortable for customers?
-----» What is the competition like? Are there rooms for local marketing campaigns?
REVEALED! How To Use Your Competitors' Strength Against Them
Assessing your primary business location is focal to making the best decision when siting a business. While product distribution requires quick access to highways, rail and plane transportation, a retail business would require visibility and decent parking space. Businesses generally have core requirements. You should consider this while making a choice of where to set up the business. A comprise may hamper lots of business operation and spell doom for the investment. If you get your location right, your business, employees and customers would be at advantage in the most profitable way.
[DOWNLOAD] Free Samples Of Business Plan Templates Download - DOC, PDF, PPT, EXCEL