Posts by Categories
Small Business Internet Business Marketing Ideas Internet Marketing Franchise Business Ideas Boost Sales Startup Investment Low Cost Business Business Plan Home Business Loan Entrepreneurship Adsense Promotion Email Marketing Marketing Plan Real Estate Business Business Marketing Banking Oil and Gas Business
7 Strategies to Achieve High Feed Efficiency In Poultry
2. Feeders should be well designed with lips to prevent feed wastage.
3. Feeders should be filled to not more than ½ full capacity.
4. Feeders should be properly hung, ensuring that the level of feeders correspond to the back of the chicken and activate the feed in the feeders regularly with the hands.
5. To avoid feed contamination and wastage, rat population should be constantly kept low.
6. Attendants should minimize feed spillage during the process of serving feed to reduce wastage.
7. Do not store feeds for too long or in damp places, otherwise they can become mouldy.
If there is any need to change from one type of feed to another it should be done gradually because chickens respond adversely to an abrupt switch over from one type of feed to another. This can be done spanning a period of about four days. The change can be effected by gradually increasing the quantity of the new feed to be changed to while there is corresponding decrease in the quantity of the
feed currently in use.